Maternal screen (Dual marker test) First trimester in Varanasi
The Dual Marker test is conducted in the First Trimester along with a ultrasound to understand the risk of chromosomal abnormalities in a foetus.
- This test is done in pregnant women to identify serious birth defects early in the pregnancy
- Also called prenatal screening
- Dual or Double marker test in first trimester, identifies pregnancies that have a high risk of babies having the following chromosomal abnormalities: Trisomy 21 (Down’s syndrome), Combined Trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome)/ Trisomy 18, (Edwards syndrome)
- This test is NOT a diagnostic test; it only identifies the risk of the baby being affected. Your doctor will order follow up and confirmatory test when the results of dual marker tests indicate a risk
For pregnant women, to check if the baby is at a risk of having chromosomal disorders such as Down syndrome (trisomy 21) or Edwards syndrome (trisomy 18). Dual Market in the firsr trimester is done between the 11th and the 14th week of pregnancy. A dual marker is recommended for all pregnant women. Below risk factors increase the chance of birth defects and hence under these risk factors, it is important to take the dual marker test
- age 35 or older pregnant females
- family history of birth defects
- previous child born with a birth defect
- History of diabetes, dependence on insulin in type 1 diabetes
Dual or Double Marker Test (with or without NT)– This includes
- Free β hCG (Free Beta Human Chorionic Gonadotropin)
- PAPP - A (Pregnancy Associated Plasma Protein – A) Free β hCG (Free Beta Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) is a glycoprotein hormone normally produced by placenta during pregnancy
- Very early in pregnancy, it is the substance used in pregnancy tests and urine pregnancy kits
- The hormone consists of two subunits – alpha and beta chain subunits
- There is a significant increase in the level for free beta hCG subunit in Trisomy 21 cases; the levels are lower in Trisomy 18 cases PAPP - A (Pregnancy Associated Plasma Protein – A): As the name suggests, is an important pregnancy protein
- PAPPA is synthesised in the placenta. The levels in pregnancy are 150 times higher than those in non-pregnant states
- If Trisomy 21 or Trisomy 18 is present, then the PAPPA levels are reduced in the first trimester and this gives a risk profiling of the foetus
Reference Values Of Maternal screen (Dual marker test) First trimester
Maternal screen (Dual marker test) First trimester
What if my dual marker tests show high risk?
Dual Marker tests are not diagnostic tests and hence there is a chance that you may be having a healthy pregnancy. If your dual marker test comes positive and shows high risk, your doctor may order additional testing like Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) and Amniocentesis. These tests, though invasive have more than 99% accuracy in diagnosing
Find the most suitable checkup for you from our range of TruHealth Checkups
Metropolis has a team of 200 senior pathologists and over 2000 technicians delivering diagnostic solutions in the areas of routine, semi specialty and super specialty domains like Oncology, Neurology, Gynaecology, Nephrology and many more.
We offer a comprehensive range of 4000+ clinical laboratory tests and profiles, which are used for prediction, early detection, diagnostic screening, confirmation and/or monitoring of the disease.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes our laboratory is accredited by the NABL (National Accreditation Board of Testing and Calibration of Laboratories) India & College of American Pathologists (CAP). This accreditation process is carried out every 2 years for NABL & annually for CAP with periodic internal audits carried out twice in a year. All our aforementioned tests are accredited by NABL & CAP.
TruHealth is an expert and comprehensive inner health wellness by Metropolis. It helps you monitor and maintain your inner health parameters better, so that you are ready to achieve your dreams, always.Metropolis TruHealth – Because Health is Everything.
SMART report covers a comprehensive view of your lifestyle related diseases and risk analysis, health recommendations, reminders and recommended reflex tests. Get regular communications to monitor and maintain your inner health.
Reports will be delivered on your registered email id with a TAT (Turnaround time) of 24 hours.
We will deliver reports on your email id, check the email received from Metropolis India. You can also download it by signing in to your profile in our website or in TruHealth App
You can select the best health package suited to you based on your gender, age and lifestyle.
Additional Home Visit and Safety charges will be applicable for all test and Health packages.
We collect samples from home between 7 AM to 11 PM (in Mumbai) and 7 AM to 9 PM in other cities. we offer Blood collection service on Sunday’s as well.
Doctor’s prescription is not required if you avail any wellness package. For any illness test, prescription might be required.
Take a look at some of the related content from our blog
What Our Customers Say
We’re satisfying our customers every day since 1980