HCV-Total Antibody Test in Vizag162+ booked in last 3 days
HCV Test Overview
Hepatitis C Total Antibody test is a test done to detect, diagnose, and monitor the treatment of a hepatitis C viral infection. There are other tests for HCV but the Total Antibody test is the most routinely used one by doctors. This test is sometimes also called as the Anti HCV test.
Summary Price Of HCV-Total Antibody Test in Vizag
Metropolis Healthcare is a leading diagnostics centre and pathology lab in India equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technologies that provides the HCV-Total Antibody Test with a clear pricing structure
The price of HCV-Total Antibody Test in Vizag is ₹ 1,350
To make an online appointment, get in touch with Metropolis.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unlike Hepatitis B, there is no vaccine for Hepatitis C. If you think that you may be exposed to risk factors for Hepatitis C, you should undergo a test to rule out Hepatitis C. Because both acute and chronic infections of Hepatitis C have very little symptoms. When symptoms do appear after years, the liver is damaged to a great extent and puts a patient under complications. Therefore, screening is recommended for high risk individuals
- If you have shared a razor with a HCV infected person
- Sexual intercourse with HCV infected person
- If you are a healthcare worker who may have come in contact with HCV infected person.
• If you have received blood between 1945-1965
Your doctor may recommend this test for you if:
- For the purpose of screening: If you have risk factors for HCV and if you were born between 1945 and 1965.
- This is as per CDC recommendations. Blood transfusions were not screened during these years and hence it is a risk factor.
- For the purpose of Diagnosis: when you may have been exposed to the hepatitis C virus, such as through contact with infected blood, or have symptoms associated with liver disease
Hepatitis C (HCV) is a virus that causes infection of the liver. It results in liver inflammation and damage to the liver cells. There are a few tests that are used together to detect, diagnose, and monitor the treatment of a hepatitis C viral infection. HCV Antibody is a commonly ordered test for Hepatitis C infection and looks for specific antibodies in the blood. Hepatitis C is one of five hepatitis viruses identified so far, including A, B, D, and E, that is known to cause the disease. HCV is spread from one person to another through body fluids; ex male to male sex, use of razor/needles from infection person, sex with an infected person and during childbirth. Before tests for HCV became available in the 1990s, HCV was often transmitted by blood transfusions.