E2 Estradiol Test in Bandra53+ booked in last 3 days
E2 Estradiol Test Overview
Estradiol test measures the amount of estradiol in the blood.
Summary Price Of E2 Estradiol Test in Bandra
Metropolis Healthcare is a leading diagnostics centre and pathology lab in India equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technologies that provides the E2 Estradiol Test with a clear pricing structure
The price of E2 Estradiol Test in Bandra is ₹ 650
We are committed to deliver accurate and quality results from the best labs in India with complete transparency regarding test cost and turnaround time. No matter where you are, we strive to offer patients high-quality service that is affordable and accessible.
To make an online appointment, get in touch with Metropolis.
Frequently Asked Questions
To measure or monitor your estrogen levels; to detect an abnormal level or hormone imbalance as a cause of your signs and symptoms; to monitor treatment for infertility or symptoms of menopause; sometimes to test for foetal-placental status during early stages of pregnancy
Your doctor may recommend an estradiol test if female or male sex characteristics aren’t developing at the normal rate. High estradiol levels may indicate early puberty and lower levels, late puberty. The symptoms include:
- bloating or swelling in your abdomen
- Loss of appetite
- pain in your lower abdominal and pelvic area
- weight loss
- frequent urination
Among the group of steroids, estrogens are responsible for development and also function of reproductive organs along with formation of secondary sex characteristics in women. Along with progesterone, another hormone, they help regulate the menstrual cycle, helps in growth of breasts and uterus along with maintaining a healthy pregnancy. Being a main sex hormone for women, they are also found in men and play an important role in growth and bone metabolism in both sexes. Estrogen tests measures one of three components- E1, E2, E3, in blood and urine.
- Estrone (E1) is directly converted from androstenedione (from the adrenal gland) or indirectly from other androgens. Ovaries, placenta, testicles, and adipose tissues also produce E1. E2 and E1 can be converted into each other as needed. E1 is the primary estrogen in men and in post-menopausal women.
- Estradiol (E2) is primarily produced in the ovaries in pre-menopausal women and in the testicles in men. E2 is converted from E1 in post-menopausal women. It is the most potent estrogen and the one that is present in the highest concentration in non-pregnant, pre-menopausal women. Women’s age and reproductive status decides the variation of E2 levels. They are a good marker of ovarian function.
- Placenta produces E3, and its concentration throughout a women’s pregnancy. Health of pregnant women and developing babies are indicated by its increasing levels. Estriol is part of the second trimester maternal serum screen, a test performed to evaluate foetal risk due to certain chromosomal abnormalities. Very low levels of E3 are present in non-pregnant women or men.
Ratings & Reviews (0)
Metropolis has a team of 200 senior pathologists and over 2000 technicians delivering diagnostic solutions in the areas of routine, semi specialty and super specialty domains like Oncology, Neurology, Gynaecology, Nephrology and many more.
We offer a comprehensive range of 4000+ clinical laboratory tests and profiles, which are used for prediction, early detection, diagnostic screening, confirmation and/or monitoring of the disease.