Anti SARS COV 2 IgG in Chandigarh
The pandemic has forced many organisations to stop working and has stopped many employees from coming to work. But while work-life is slowly but steadily resuming in some areas, it is important to ensure that businesses have a safe back-to-work strategy to protect the health of all its employees.
To ensure safe work premises, Metropolis brings you the first step of getting back to work – The Antibody Checkup.
The COVID-19 Antibody or Anti-SARS COV-2 test is done to determine if the immune system of any person has encountered the COVID-19 infection in the recent past.
Antibody tests results indicate how many people had COVID-19 and recovered including those who didn’t have symptoms. This aids in determining who might have immunity. It is for sero-surveillance purpose and not for COVID-19 diagnosis.Primarily, this test will help you to determine the optimum ‘BACK to WORK’ strategy for your organisation.
The timing and type of antibody test affect accuracy so the test is generally done after 2 weeks of infection. Another benefit of accurate antibody testing is that people who’ve recovered from COVID-19 may be eligible to donate plasma, a part of their blood.
However, the WHO (World Health Organization) has cautioned against considering it as a passport to complete immunity. The chances of infection among people with antibodies in their system are under research and soon it will be clear whether developing antibody means permanent protection against Covid-19 infection.
Typically, in this pandemic period, most doctors only suggest a test to diagnose COVID-19 if you have symptoms or you’ve had exposure to someone with COVID-19. To get antibody testing, you have to be fully recovered from COVID-19. But in a limited number of communities, people who never had symptoms of COVID-19 are included in testing. Some have positive results, meaning they likely were infected by the COVID-19 virus at some time.Ideally any individual can go for the test and we can promote to general population
Covid RT PCR Nasopharyngeal swab test is definite diagnosis for SARS CoV 2 infection.The FDA approved two types of tests for diagnosing COVID-19 — molecular and antigen.
- Molecular test- This test detects genetic material of the virus using a lab technique called polymerase chain reaction (PCR). Also called a PCR test, a health care worker collects fluid from a nasal or throat swab or from saliva. Molecular tests are considered very accurate when properly performed by a health care professional
- Antigen test- This newer COVID-19 test detects certain proteins that are part of the virus. Using a nasal or throat swab to get a fluid sample, antigen tests can produce results in minutes. Because these tests are faster and less expensive than molecular tests are, some experts consider antigen tests more practical to use for large numbers of people. A positive antigen test result is considered very accurate, but there’s an increased chance of false negative results — meaning it’s possible to be infected with the virus but have negative antigen test results. So antigen tests aren’t as sensitive as molecular tests are. Depending on the situation, the doctor may recommend a molecular test to confirm a negative antigen test result.
Antibody test helps to find recovery or seroconversion from the virus and done 2 weeks post symptoms.
- The timing and type of antibody test affects accuracy. so test ideally done after 2 weeks of infection
- Another benefit of accurate antibody testing is that people who’ve recovered from COVID-19 may be eligible to donate plasma, a part of their blood.
- Antibody tests results indicate how many people had COVID-19 and recovered, including those who didn’t have symptoms. This aids in determining who might have immunity. It can also help in contact tracing to assess who else is at risk of infection and how far the disease spread. All of this data will help improve strategies to curb the COVID-19 pandemic.
- But the World Health Organization cautions that there’s a lack of evidence on whether having antibodies means you’re protected against reinfection with COVID-19. The level of immunity and how long immunity lasts are not yet known
Find the most suitable checkup for you from our range of TruHealth Checkups
Metropolis has a team of 200 senior pathologists and over 2000 technicians delivering diagnostic solutions in the areas of routine, semi specialty and super specialty domains like Oncology, Neurology, Gynaecology, Nephrology and many more.
We offer a comprehensive range of 4000+ clinical laboratory tests and profiles, which are used for prediction, early detection, diagnostic screening, confirmation and/or monitoring of the disease.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes our laboratory is accredited by the NABL (National Accreditation Board of Testing and Calibration of Laboratories) India & College of American Pathologists (CAP). This accreditation process is carried out every 2 years for NABL & annually for CAP with periodic internal audits carried out twice in a year. All our aforementioned tests are accredited by NABL & CAP.
TruHealth is an expert and comprehensive inner health wellness by Metropolis. It helps you monitor and maintain your inner health parameters better, so that you are ready to achieve your dreams, always.Metropolis TruHealth – Because Health is Everything.
SMART report covers a comprehensive view of your lifestyle related diseases and risk analysis, health recommendations, reminders and recommended reflex tests. Get regular communications to monitor and maintain your inner health.
Reports will be delivered on your registered email id with a TAT (Turnaround time) of 24 hours.
We will deliver reports on your email id, check the email received from Metropolis India. You can also download it by signing in to your profile in our website or in TruHealth App
You can select the best health package suited to you based on your gender, age and lifestyle.
Additional Home Visit and Safety charges will be applicable for all test and Health packages.
We collect samples from home between 7 AM to 11 PM (in Mumbai) and 7 AM to 9 PM in other cities. we offer Blood collection service on Sunday’s as well.
Doctor’s prescription is not required if you avail any wellness package. For any illness test, prescription might be required.
Take a look at some of the related content from our blog
What Our Customers Say
We’re satisfying our customers every day since 1980