Calprotectin Stool Test in Sangli
The calprotectin measures the amount of protein calprotectin in your stool
To detect inflammation in the intestines; to distinguish between inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and non-inflammatory bowel conditions; to monitor for a condition called “inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)”.
Your doctor may recommend this test for you when you show symptoms like:
- Bloody or watery diarrhoea
- Abdominal cramps
- Fever lasting for than few days
Calprotectin is a protein released by the blood cells of the body’s defence system-WBCs, especially neutrophils. When there is an inflammation in the body, especially the gastrointestinal tract, the neutrophils get transported to the concerned site of action and release calprotectin, which then gets excreted in the faeces. This test assesses the presence of any inflammatory reactions taking place in the intestine.
Reference Values Of Calprotectin Stool Test
- 0-110 ug/g faeces: Normal faecal calprotectin
- 110-1800 ug/g faeces: Raised faecal calprotectin may indicate IBD
- An elevated calprotectin level is a person's stool indicates that inflammation is probably present within the intestines but doesn't indicate either its location or cause. Generally, the degree of elevation is related to the severity of the inflammation.
- A low calprotectin usually indicates the presence of non-inflammatory conditions that are producing overlapping symptoms as that of inflammatory disorders. Indications of these include viral infections within the digestive tract and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Unlike IBD, IBS doesn't cause an inflammation. Rather, it causes cramp-like stomach pains and spasms with bouts of diarrhoea and/or constipation. In people with low calprotectin results, an endoscopy of the digestive tract.
- A moderate calprotectin level may indicate the presence of inflammation or exacerbation of the already existing inflammatory conditions. A repeated calprotectin test which reproduces the result as seen in previous test mandate further evaluation with confirmatory tests like endoscopy.
Find the most suitable checkup for you from our range of TruHealth Checkups
Metropolis has a team of 200 senior pathologists and over 2000 technicians delivering diagnostic solutions in the areas of routine, semi specialty and super specialty domains like Oncology, Neurology, Gynaecology, Nephrology and many more.
We offer a comprehensive range of 4000+ clinical laboratory tests and profiles, which are used for prediction, early detection, diagnostic screening, confirmation and/or monitoring of the disease.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes our laboratory is accredited by the NABL (National Accreditation Board of Testing and Calibration of Laboratories) India & College of American Pathologists (CAP). This accreditation process is carried out every 2 years for NABL & annually for CAP with periodic internal audits carried out twice in a year. All our aforementioned tests are accredited by NABL & CAP.
TruHealth is an expert and comprehensive inner health wellness by Metropolis. It helps you monitor and maintain your inner health parameters better, so that you are ready to achieve your dreams, always.Metropolis TruHealth – Because Health is Everything.
SMART report covers a comprehensive view of your lifestyle related diseases and risk analysis, health recommendations, reminders and recommended reflex tests. Get regular communications to monitor and maintain your inner health.
Reports will be delivered on your registered email id with a TAT (Turnaround time) of 24 hours.
We will deliver reports on your email id, check the email received from Metropolis India. You can also download it by signing in to your profile in our website or in TruHealth App
You can select the best health package suited to you based on your gender, age and lifestyle.
Additional Home Visit and Safety charges will be applicable for all test and Health packages.
We collect samples from home between 7 AM to 11 PM (in Mumbai) and 7 AM to 9 PM in other cities. we offer Blood collection service on Sunday’s as well.
Doctor’s prescription is not required if you avail any wellness package. For any illness test, prescription might be required.
Take a look at some of the related content from our blog
What Our Customers Say
We’re satisfying our customers every day since 1980