CH50 Test50+ booked in last 3 days
CH50 Test Overview
The CH50 test is a laboratory test that measures the total complement activity in serum. A complement is a group of proteins that forms part of the innate immune system. The CH50 test is used to help diagnose and monitor certain autoimmune and inflammatory diseases and is prescribed to assess the effectiveness of the complement system in the body.
Harmful pathogens that invade the body are eliminated by the immune system with the aid of this mechanism. Several proteins that make up the complement system are secreted by the liver and can be in such abundance that they can account for up to 5% of the globulin fraction in a blood sample.
Summary Price Of CH50 Test
We are a trusted lab, offering CH50 Test with a transparent pricing structure.
The cost of CH50 Test in India varies as per the city in India.
The average price of CH50 Test ranges from ₹2200 to ₹4485.
The price for the test in the following cities is:
- Chennai: ₹3,900
- Delhi: ₹3,500
- Mumbai: ₹4,485
- Pune: ₹4,000
Contact Metropolis to book an appointment online.
Frequently Asked Questions
The CH50 test is usually ordered when someone has symptoms that suggest they may have a problem with their complement system. These symptoms can include autoimmune disease, certain infections, or cancer. It is requested for the following factors:
- to support the conclusion that a microbial infection is present.
- to track the progress of a known autoimmune sickness or disease, such as lupus, a chronic condition that affects the kidneys, brain, blood vessels, joints, and many other regions of the body.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: a disorder that primarily affects the hands and feet and produces pain and swelling in the joints.
- to monitor immunologically complex diseases or conditions, such as glomerulonephritis, kidney disease, or vasculitis.
The CH50 blood test will identify whether acute and chronic problems are present. During an examination, it is typically requested when a patient exhibits inflammation that cannot be accounted for by any other factor. This test is also prescribed for someone who exhibits signs of an autoimmune illness.
If you experience signs of an autoimmune condition, notably lupus, you might require a complement blood test. Lupus symptoms include:
- A rash in the shape of a butterfly across your cheeks and nose
- Sores in mouth
- Hair fall
- Sunlight sensitivity
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Chest ache while deep breathing
- Aching joints
- The inside of your arm is cleaned with antiseptic to draw a sample of blood.
- It is done with a small needle.
- Before drawing the blood sample, the area is cleaned with an antiseptic lotion.
- A small amount of blood is collected in a vial.
- The area will be covered with a bandage after removing the needle and taking bloo
After treating the underlying issue, the CH50 blood test results will typically return to normal. That entails using anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics, or bettering one's diet for frequent problems. The CH50 blood test is not a 100% conclusive test, but in more complex cases, it may be used as one point of measurement for a treatment plan that has been implemented.
Further testing may be asked by the doctor to identify the precise problem so that an appropriate treatment strategy can be created if an autoimmune condition is suspected based on the findings and the patient's medical history. When a child is suspected of having juvenile RA, the CH50 blood test can confirm it.
Complement activity measurements can be classified as low, normal, or high. When test results are normal, it typically means that the inflammation or other symptoms that a clinician might suspect as complement system-related aren't an issue. Rarely, findings for someone with a generally low CH50 result can become normal due to a secondary cause that boosts complement system activity.
Reasons for poor CH50 blood test findings can be as follows:
- Malnutrition is the most frequent reason
- Microbiological infection being incorrectly treated
- Sign of serum sickness
- Hepatitis, or liver cirrhosis.
High CH50 blood test results will be noticed when the immune system has been actively engaged for some time due to an underlying medical issue. The most frequent cause of a high outcome can be:
- Chronic inflammation
- Juvenile RA
- Cancers like leukaemia
Ratings & Reviews (0)
Metropolis has a team of 200 senior pathologists and over 2000 technicians delivering diagnostic solutions in the areas of routine, semi specialty and super specialty domains like Oncology, Neurology, Gynaecology, Nephrology and many more.
We offer a comprehensive range of 4000+ clinical laboratory tests and profiles, which are used for prediction, early detection, diagnostic screening, confirmation and/or monitoring of the disease.