BRCA1 and BRCA2 Test54+ booked in last 3 days
BRCA1 and BRCA2 Test Overview
Breast and Ovarian cancers are commonest form of cancers in women. 5-10% of breast cancers and 15-20% ovarian cancers are hereditary and are due to a mutation in cancer gene. Germline mutations in BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes are inherited in an autosomal dominant manner and are associated with increased risk of Breast and ovarian cancer, Fallopian tube, Peritoneal, prostrate cancer and melanoma. BRCA1 and BRCA2 Test detects germline mutations in BRCA 1 and BRCA2 by Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
Summary Price Of BRCA1 and BRCA2 Test
We are a trusted lab, offering BRCA1 and BRCA2 Test with a transparent pricing structure.
The cost of BRCA1 and BRCA2 Test in India varies as per the city in India.
The average price of BRCA1 and BRCA2 Test ranges from ₹16000 to ₹26000.
The price for the test in the following cities is:
- Chennai: ₹16,000
- Delhi: ₹16,000
- Mumbai: ₹16,000
- Pune: ₹16,000
Contact Metropolis to book an appointment online.
Frequently Asked Questions
The BRCA1 and BRCA2 test is offered to individuals who are likely to inherit BRCA mutation. This is not a routine test.
Test is indicated in women and men who fit the following condition/s:
1. Cancer detected at a young age (< 50 yrs for breast & colon cancer)
2. Diagnosis of a rare cancer i.e., sarcoma
3. Multiple family members with same or related cancers
4. Multiple cancer types in the same person
5. Cancer in both sides of a paired organ i.e., breast, kidney
6. Certain ethnic backgrounds
7. Family member identified with genetic mutation predisposing to cancer
8. Individuals with triple negative (Estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor and Her2/neu) breast cancer.
Early risk detection of cancer through genetic testing can help in various ways:
a. Explain reason for the cancer and help guide treatment. for e.g., The oral PARP inhibitor olaparib is an adjuvant therapy for the treatment of patients with recurrent ovarian cancer and a BRCA mutation
b. Inform the test recipient that a high risk exists and thus guide take steps that can prevent or nip cancer at an early stage for e.g. Enable timely preventive treatments through health check-ups
c. Help family members to undertake genetic testing to understand the risk of acquiring a cancer
d. Can help in reproductive decision planning
BRCA1 and BRCA2 test identifies mutations in BRCA1/2 gene and helps indicate predisposition to breast/ovarian cancer
BRCA1 and BRCA2 test requires a blood sample. A tourniquet (elastic) band is placed tightly on the upper arm. The patient is then asked to make a fist. This helps in the build-up of blood filling the veins. The skin is disinfected before needle insertion and the blood sample is collected in vacutainer.
You will be required to fill a BRCA proforma and consent form
Mutation not detected
The tests results indicate
• Positive Result : Presence of pathogenic mutation in any/both BRCA genes. Patient has a higher chance of developing the associated cancer
• Negative Results: Pathogenic mutation in BRCA genes has not been detected but this does not rule out that cancer will not occur in these patients. There is a possibility that current test is not able detect a cancer causing mutation
• Variant of Unknown Significance: The variant identified cannot be assigned/associated with breast cancers due to limited evidences available in literature.
Ratings & Reviews (0)
Metropolis has a team of 200 senior pathologists and over 2000 technicians delivering diagnostic solutions in the areas of routine, semi specialty and super specialty domains like Oncology, Neurology, Gynaecology, Nephrology and many more.
We offer a comprehensive range of 4000+ clinical laboratory tests and profiles, which are used for prediction, early detection, diagnostic screening, confirmation and/or monitoring of the disease.