A lot has been talked about the importance of regular health check-ups. However, preventive health checks and health screening is often ignored. From the need of taking leave at the workplace to not feeling any need of a health assessment, even you might have skipped your regular health screening at some point of time!
Why do you need a health check?
- Prevent health issues in the first place: Certain most common and serious chronic conditions including diabetes and high blood pressure might not cause any symptoms in the early stages. If you get your routine check-up done, not only will you come to know about your risk of getting diabetes or heart disease but also the current value of blood sugar and cholesterol. This helps you take preventive action to decrease your risk and stay clear of illnesses.
- Reverse your health conditions: If you are at the borderline, it might be possible to reverse your illness with expert advice and right care. For example, people having borderline diabetes or prediabetes can reverse their blood sugar values by getting tested on time and taking the required measures. You can have control over your health.
- Eliminates further progression or worsening of disease: Many of the chronic conditions are progressive in nature. If you don’t do anything about them well in time, it might lead to worsening of the symptoms or cause its progression. Getting a regular body check-up helps your doctors diagnose a disease before it poses high risk and take action
- Reduces the risk of complications in future: If you have been diagnosed with a health condition at an early stage, your treatment plan is devised on time. This helps lessen the complexity and risk involved. When it comes to disease diagnosis, the sooner the better. A regular check-up can also give clues in recovering your body from any health concerns.
- Saves your money: A regular health check-up can save your money in the long run. Moreover, preventive health check-ups can catch an early disease and reduce the risk of undergoing surgeries and developing complications which might need advanced medical interventions.
- Adds healthy and quality life years: A regular check-up of your body lets you see inside of your body and be assured of how healthy you are. You can be free from worries and anxieties. A stress free and healthy routine increases your lifespan as well.
Who needs to get a regular check-up done?
Yes, from children to young healthy adults, from women to old-age adults, everyone needs to get their health screened regularly. That being said, people having chronic conditions require their health numbers to be tracked constantly. Follow your doctor recommendations about the frequency of getting health tests done. At large, regular check-ups with specific tests can vary depending on your age, gender, family history, and overall health status. Let us elaborate this a bit through some examples.
Do you know people in the working-age group (30-60 years) are at a high risk of lifestyle diseases? Also, men are more likely to get diabetes. Postmenopausal women are at a higher risk of getting heart disease when compared to men of same age.
In addition to these, unhealthy lifestyle changes, lack of physical activity and sleep can cause many health problems ranging from minor to severe health concerns. Getting a full-body check-up that includes tests for diabetes, cholesterol, heart disease can save your extra money in the long run.
The COVID-19 Angle
The current situation of dealing with a pandemic like COVID-19 has made it more important than ever to better care of your physical and mental health. Healthy people who don’t have any pre-existing health conditions and have strong immunity, can fight back the infection-causing virus. Ensure to get your elderly tested regularly too.
Think you have symptoms of COVID-19? Don’t delay your test any more. Book home sample collection now.
Do you avoid health tests? It could be Iatrophobia!
Some people may have troubling symptoms but they put off doctor visits or medical tests that could help them. Such an irrational fear of doctors or health tests is called Iatrophobia. People simply refuse to get health tests done because of the horror they have to go through if something comes up. However, ignorance is never a bliss, when it comes to health.
Do you fear visiting clinics or labs to get tested? With Metropolis being your pathology specialist, regular health checks will never be an issue. Or, worried of stepping out of home to get tested? We have got you covered. Backed by the advanced laboratory technologies, highly qualified technicians and home collection service, we’re standing by your side and committed to delivering trusted health reports, each and every time.
Never hesitate to get a routine medical check-up. Get a preventive health check-up done, understand your health status, take informed decisions well in time, and secure your peace of mind.