Clinical chemistry is the area of clinical pathology that is generally concerned with analysis of blood (whole blood, serum, plasma), urine, body fluids for screening, diagnosis and monitoring of many diseases.
When is it used?
Tests done in clinical chemistry are varied and largely used for cardiovascular disorders, endocrine disorders like diabetes, thyroids, kidney disorders, cancers, infertility, pregnancy, nutritional disorders (vitamins, heavy and trace metals), new born screening, autoimmunity and allergy, infections, etc. Tests are designed to detect these changes qualitatively or quantitatively and compared to the biological reference interval of human beings.
Clinical pathologists and biochemists use a wide range of techniques including Immunoassays like ELISA, chemiluminescence, enzyme linked flourescence, radioimmunoassay; Biochemical methods like colorimetry, enzymatic reactions, spectrophotometry, nephelometry, electrophoresis; Analytical chemistry methods like high performance liquid chromatography, atomic absorption, mass spectrometry, infrared spectrometry, etc.Technicians and experts at Metropolis have developed complex practical and interpretive skills for manual techniques and management of highly automated testing systems. All assays are closely monitored and quality controlled.
- Clinical Biochemistry: Routine Biochemistry, Nephelometry, Therapeutic Drug Monitoring & Toxicology
- Immunoassays: Chemiluminescence immunoassay testing platforms (hormonal Assays & tumour markers, vitamins, infections etc.), Allergy testing platforms, Automated ELISA, Prenatal screening, bone markers testing
- Analytical Chemistry: Radioimmunoassay, Newborn Screening and Immunosuppressant testing platforms like LCMS, Autoimmune disorder testing by Immunofluoresence and ELISA, Heavy Metal Testing by Atomic absorption, Electrophoresis, FTIR for calculus analysis, HPLC for vitamins
- Integrated Auto analyser for faster TAT and backup for every machine for Biochemistry & Immunoassays
- Dedicated Auto analyser for Allergy Testing Dedicated Auto analyser for Allergy Testing
- Automated ELISA Analysers
- Automated immunofluorescence processor and blot processor
- Automated 10 cell Gamma counter
- Eight Capillary & Gel Electrophoresis
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography for vitamins and Catecholamines
- Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
- FTIR for calculus analysis
- Graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry for heavy metal testing
- Water purification systems to generate type II water
We are equipped with the latest US FDA approved automations and infrastructure, CE marked reagents, updated with advanced and newest technologies and armed with a team of experts who bring to the table a world of experience.
- State of the art equipment
- Bi-directionally interfaced
- Validated test results
- Authorisation through three level check and approval systems
- 6 floor models and 4 table top Immunoassay analysers to deal with huge workload
- Dedicated auto analyser for prenatal screening (More than 200 first & second trimester screening performed daily )
- Allergy testing with the widest range of more than 200 individual allergens & 40 panels
- Complete range of Autoimmunity markers including the fields of Neuroimmunology, Rheumatology, Nephrology, Gastroenterology & Liver diseases
- Complete range of investigations for diagnosis & monitoring of multiple myeloma & related disorders
- Large menu of heavy and trace metal testing
- Large menu of TDM and Immunosuppressant testing
- India specific customized panels using reference methodology in allergy testing
- Standardisation & continuous upgradation for first, second trimester Aneuploidy screening (Indian reference value has been created which is available only at Metropolis)
- CAP proficiency test performance is at 99.8% on a consistent basis
- Aggressive TAT for cardiac markers, hormones like thyroid, E2, BHCG & critical tests like electrolytes, dengue, leptospirosis
- Personal Interaction with Pathologist