3 positions in Bangalore, Gokula
Experience: 2+ Years
• Verifying test requisitions by comparing information with nursing station log; bringing discrepancies to the attention of unit personnel. Verifies patient by reading patient identification. Obtains blood specimens by performing vein punctures and finger sticks. Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures; observing isolation procedures
• Collects therapeutic drug-monitoring assays by collaborating with nursing personnel to ensure appropriate drug dose to collection time. Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed. Monitors glucose levels by performing bedside glucose tests; recording results; reporting results to unit nurse-manager. Performs bleeding-times tests by entering results to the computer; notifying pathologist of results falling outside normal ranges
• Maintains quality results by following department procedures and testing schedule; recording results in the quality-control log; identifying and reporting needed changes. Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations. Resolves unusual test orders by contacting the physician, pathologist, nursing station, or reference laboratory; referring unresolved orders back to the originator for further clarification; notifying supervisor of unresolved orders
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards. Enhances phlebotomy department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Order of Blood Collection Skills Required: Analyzing Information , Infection Control, Bedside Manner, Attention to Detail, Lab Environment, Procedural Skills, Quality Focus, Hospital Environment, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Performing Diagnostic Procedures, Informing Others.
Interested candidates, please send your resume to email@example.com